BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backuppc Cpool

2009-09-21 22:26:04
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc Cpool
From: Mr_T <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 22:22:00 -0400
Hi,

Hopefully someone will look at this, slap me in the face and correct me!

I've got a fresh install of Backuppc - and it's pretty much running fine, the
only thing I've configured that makes it different from the standard install is
the $topdir which I've pointed at a specific volume "/data"

Within /data I've then created the following directories...
[list]cpool
[list]lost+found
[list]pc
[list]pool
trash

I have one windows machine setup for backup (via the web interface). Backups
are working fine, however it doesn't seem to be using the cpool!
All the data is stored within /data/pc/SERVER/[0-9]

I was expecting it to store the data in /data/cpool

I think I'm running out of space far quicker than I should because the
BackupPCNightly isn't cleaning anything out of the pools because they aren't
being used.

Anyone know what I could be missing? My compression level is set to the default
(3).

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks