BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Advantages of internal over external hard drive?

2009-09-02 13:23:14
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Advantages of internal over external hard drive?
From: Mark Phillips <mark AT phillipsmarketing DOT biz>
To: Backuppc Users <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 09:19:47 -0700
I am setting up a new backuppc server. Are there any advantages to using an external drive (USB or eSATA) over an internal drive to store the backups? The server is an older Pentium 3 500 MHz box running Debian Linux. I plan on using ssh/rsync to do the backups for other Linux boxes, a Windows box, and a Mac.

If I use an external drive, can I move the drive to another backuppc server and access the files? Do I have to insure the backuppc on the new server has the identical configuration as the old server?

Thanks!

Mark