BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC File::RsyncP issues

2009-08-28 10:49:08
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC File::RsyncP issues
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:45:09 -0500
After downloading this and trying it out, I noticed that these errors went
away:

Remote[1]: rsync: readlink "..." (in C) failed: File name too long (91)

So whatever version of rsync/cygwin that is, is well worth running for
that reason alone.  With that, I now have a complete copy of 100% of the
files on a box, and have done a few successful bare metal restores.

I've also had to pluck a few registry keys out of backups, and am assured
that I always have the last sane registry.