BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Installation problems: BackupPC_serverMesg hangs

2009-08-25 17:07:57
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Installation problems: BackupPC_serverMesg hangs
From: Christoph <chrdr AT gmx DOT at>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 23:03:14 +0200
> If you can run vmstat, it will show swap activity. With top, it will
> show up as a high percentage on %wa (wait).  Or you can cat
> /proc/vmstat to get the raw numbers, wait a few seconds, do it again,
> and figure out the delta for pswpin and pswpout.

I don't have the vmstat command on the OpenWRT system. Busybox' top command
does not show %wa. Launching 'cat /proc/vmstat' shows the following figures:
pswpin 6524
pswpout 10556

The numbers remain constant, even after minutes. Am I right that this shows
that there is no swapping activity? Unfortunately I do not know enough about
that.

Greetings,
Christoph