BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Installation problems: BackupPC_serverMesg hangs

2009-08-25 12:12:32
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Installation problems: BackupPC_serverMesg hangs
From: Christoph <chrdr AT gmx DOT at>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:08:11 +0200
Hello,

I installed BackupPC on an NSLU2 more or less according to
http://www.tedcarnahan.com/2009/07/09/installing-backuppc-on-openwrt/

When I launch the server daemon, it starts without any error messages.

But when - according to the Documentation - I try to run:
BackupPC_serverMesg status info
it hangs, not showing anything.

Using the Perl debugger, I found out that the script stops at this point:

BackupPC::Lib::ServerConnect(/mnt/usbstick/usr/local/BackupPC/lib/BackupPC/Lib.pm:698):
698:        sysread($bpc->{ServerFD}, $bpc->{ServerSeed}, 1024);

Any idea what could be the problem?

Cheers,
Christoph