BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backups -- too big

2009-08-20 02:31:01
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backups -- too big
From: Rob Poe <rob AT poeweb DOT com>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 01:01:17 -0500
I'm running out of disk space on my BackupPC server.  We'll just say
that there's a lot of unnecessary PST duplication that I cannot control
(i.e. backup a 1.5g PST, then compress, leave the backup there, forget
it's there, it gets backed up).

I notice that a lot of the PC's have multiple FULL backups, and many
inc.  Is there a way to keep 1 FULL and maybe 3-4 days of INCR ?

Even if that means running a full every 3-4 days (as long as the current
full expires quickly).

This is temporary until more disk space is aquired.  But for now .. It's
necessary (pool is 98%)

Thanks!