BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups -- too big

2009-08-20 03:54:31
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups -- too big
From: Omar Llorens Crespo Domínguez <omar AT tsolucio DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:50:47 +0200
Rob Poe escribió:
> I'm running out of disk space on my BackupPC server.  We'll just say
> that there's a lot of unnecessary PST duplication that I cannot control
> (i.e. backup a 1.5g PST, then compress, leave the backup there, forget
> it's there, it gets backed up).
>
> I notice that a lot of the PC's have multiple FULL backups, and many
> inc.  Is there a way to keep 1 FULL and maybe 3-4 days of INCR ?
>
> Even if that means running a full every 3-4 days (as long as the current
> full expires quickly).
>
> This is temporary until more disk space is aquired.  But for now .. It's
> necessary (pool is 98%)
>
> Thanks!

Hi!!

When i have a host with pst files , i create a new host only for copy
pst files.
For example:

You have a host *pc1 *-> where your are coping all. ( here you must to
exclude the pst files).
And now create in backuppc an other host *pc1PST *-> where you will copy
only the pst files.

In *pc1PST *you have to change the configuration in schedule. Put
FullKeepCnt
<http://bearnas:8004/backuppc?action=view&type=docs#item__conf_fullkeepcnt_>
= 1 and IncrKeepCnt
<http://bearnas:8004/backuppc?action=view&type=docs#item__conf_incrkeepcnt_>
= 2, whith this you copy only 1 full and 2 incr.

Omar Llorens Crespo Domínguez.
JPL TSOLUCIO, SL
omar AT tsolucio DOT com
www.tsolucio.com