BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Advice on offsite strategy using external drives

2009-07-22 13:45:19
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Advice on offsite strategy using external drives
From: tog benson <tog_benson AT yahoo DOT com>
To: questions and supportGeneral list for user discussion <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:42:01 -0700 (PDT)
> So someone (an unskilled office worker) swaps the drive
> once a week after
> they get an e-mail of a successful backup. They then take
> the drive with the
> new data and remove it offsite.

Part of the reason I don't want to do this is that three drives are required in
order to have on offsite at any given time.  I backup nightly to one, dump to
another and have another offsite.

I am short on cash right now...

Two drives acting as the backuppc root dir's seemed simpler.  Less human
interaction...