BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Wrong user: my userid is 502, instead of (backuppc4afs), Please su backuppc4afs first

2009-07-22 11:21:49
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Wrong user: my userid is 502, instead of (backuppc4afs), Please su backuppc4afs first
From: Stephen Joyce <stephen AT physics.unc DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:16:28 -0400 (EDT)
How did you determine that userid 502 is backuppc4afs? Do "id backuppc4afs"
and "id 502" return the same results? What about "su backuppc4afs -c id"?

Have you configured the Mac to be aware of either an ldap server or AD
domain in Directory Services? It's easy to accidentally configure duplicate
uids or uidnumbers if so. [Remember each Mac has its own directory service
and only uses bsd flatfiles in single-user mode, so don't be distracted
by them.]

If you find you do have a duplicate, file ownership may be an issue after
correcting it.

Cheers, Stephen (who has discovered there are generally more reasons to
dislike Macs than to like them)
--
Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.