BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Scheduling archiving host

2009-06-15 11:57:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Scheduling archiving host
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:53:31 +0200
> BackupPC_tarCreate will give you a tar archive on stdout.  If
> you want it compressed, you have to pipe through gzip.  If
> you want that saved to a file you have to supply the shell
> redirection at the end of the pipleline and an appropriate
> path/filename.  But basically you can do anything you want in
> the shell command line.

Yep, I'm at my first experiments and...

/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate -h omv -n -1 -s profilo / >
/mnt/USB/omv-test.tar

This one worked ok: I had my tarball (not gzipped or anything) in my
external USB drive.
A question about "-s": as I have more than one share per host, I tried
"-s *" but that didn't work. BackupPC_tarCreate was trying to add the
files in the directory from which I ran that command! :-/ Is there any
way to tell it to just tar every share? Or at least would there be a way
to list the shares?

And, what I don't want to miss is how do I eventually restore a damaged
BackupPC host from my "tarCreated" archives?

Thanks again,
F.