BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Scheduling archiving host

2009-06-12 09:10:55
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Scheduling archiving host
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 08:06:04 -0500
Boniforti Flavio wrote:
> So here I'm back again with some sort of "idea"...
>
>> In the web interface is a part called "Scheduled". I would
>> believe that you can configure the backup in the same way as
>> for normal backups.
>> But I didn't try it by myself.
>
> The part you're talking about is *not* being considered and I guess this
> is ok.
>
> My idea would be to cronjob the commandline, as from the logs:
>
> Executing: /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_archiveHost
> /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate /usr/bin/split  polti 36
> /bin/gzip .gz 0000000 /mnt/USB  *
>
> The only thing is: how would I be able to get the number (in this case
> "36") of the latest backup to archive? Or better, I'd like ro archive
> *all* the data of one host: does this happen also when I archive an
> incremental backup?

Just forget that the archivehost concept even exists and run
BackupPC_tarCreate directly in your script/command line with the
arguments and output pipeline  you want.
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#commandline_restore_options
You can use -n -1 for the most recent backup, and incrementals are
filled to look like fulls.