BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Scheduling archiving host

2009-06-12 04:17:39
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Scheduling archiving host
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:10:11 +0200
So here I'm back again with some sort of "idea"...

> In the web interface is a part called "Scheduled". I would
> believe that you can configure the backup in the same way as
> for normal backups.
> But I didn't try it by myself.

The part you're talking about is *not* being considered and I guess this
is ok.

My idea would be to cronjob the commandline, as from the logs:

Executing: /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_archiveHost
/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate /usr/bin/split  polti 36
/bin/gzip .gz 0000000 /mnt/USB  *

The only thing is: how would I be able to get the number (in this case
"36") of the latest backup to archive? Or better, I'd like ro archive
*all* the data of one host: does this happen also when I archive an
incremental backup?

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.
Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL
Via Ballerini 21
6600 Locarno