BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Change Archive Directory

2009-06-04 05:52:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Change Archive Directory
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 11:47:35 +0200
On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:25:01PM -0400, jbk wrote:

> I am trying to understand this subject heading so that I can
> correct my backup archive. I have been running backuppc for
> over a year now and the backed up data appears to be good. I
> have done individual file restores without issues. What I am
>   not seeing is any pooled data. I am using the Fedora
> distribution (10) binary of Backuppc. When I originally set
> up the archive directory I pointed it to an external usb
> disk that is mounted in a location that is not in the
> original "topdir" path. The disk is persistently mounted on
> reboot via fstab. I changed the "topdir" path in the config
> file to match the archive location backuppc still uses
> /var/lib/backuppc/ for the backuppc user home directory
> which contains the .ssh/   directory etc...
>
> #fstab mount point
> LABEL=/backupdisk     /data/bilbo/backup      ext3    defaults        0 0

The easiest way is to just mount your USB drive at /var/lib/backuppc/.
No bind mount neccessary, that way.

Bind-Mounting should work like this in /etc/fstab:
/data/bilbo/backup  /var/lib/backuppc/  none    bind    0   0

> #/etc/Backuppc/config.pl
> $Conf{TopDir} = '/data/bilbo/backup/BackupPC';

You would also have to patch BackupPC/Lib.pm if I remember correctly.
Which is not a Good Thing(tm) if you installed some RPMs.

HTH,

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de
www.craniosacralzentrum.de