BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Change Archive Directory

2009-06-08 23:42:14
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Change Archive Directory
From: Filipe Brandenburger <filbranden AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 23:36:33 -0400
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 22:25, jbk<jbk AT mail2.gis DOT net> wrote:
> [...] What I am
>  not seeing is any pooled data. I am using the Fedora
> distribution (10) binary of Backuppc. When I originally set
> up the archive directory I pointed it to an external usb
> disk that is mounted in a location that is not in the
> original "topdir" path.

BackupPC-3.1.0-4.fc10 has a patch that fixes this exact issue.

>>From the changelog:

* Sat Apr 11 2009 Johan Cwiklinski <johan AT x-tnd DOT be> 3.1.0-4
  - Fix TopDir change (bug #473944)

If you upgrade, you might not need to change mountpoints or use bind
mounts, your configuration file might start working as supposed to
then.

HTH,
Filipe