BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Change Archive Directory

2009-06-04 00:34:36
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Change Archive Directory
From: jbk <jbk AT mail2.gis DOT net>
To: backuppc-user <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 22:25:01 -0400
I am trying to understand this subject heading so that I can
correct my backup archive. I have been running backuppc for
over a year now and the backed up data appears to be good. I
have done individual file restores without issues. What I am
  not seeing is any pooled data. I am using the Fedora
distribution (10) binary of Backuppc. When I originally set
up the archive directory I pointed it to an external usb
disk that is mounted in a location that is not in the
original "topdir" path. The disk is persistently mounted on
reboot via fstab. I changed the "topdir" path in the config
file to match the archive location backuppc still uses
/var/lib/backuppc/ for the backuppc user home directory
which contains the .ssh/   directory etc...

#fstab mount point
LABEL=/backupdisk       /data/bilbo/backup      ext3    defaults        0 0

#/etc/Backuppc/config.pl
$Conf{TopDir} = '/data/bilbo/backup/BackupPC';

So if I understand the Wiki topic 'Change Archive Directory'
I need to somehow mount the archive directory with the bind
option to mount, but getting there from where I am is a
little bit confusing.

Just to add some context this is a home network of 3
computers, a server, a workstation and a laptop. The total
compressed full backup of these three boxes is around 30Gig.
I rotate 4 60gig usb disks once a week and at the end of the
month I reinsert the first disk and start again.

So how do I set the bind mount point given the current mount
location? Will that make it possible for the hardlinks to be
established?

Jim KR