BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 3.0.0 -> 3.2.0 - Major increase in backup time consumption.

2009-05-11 14:53:11
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 3.0.0 -> 3.2.0 - Major increase in backup time consumption.
From: oblivian <news AT 3056 DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 20:49:31 +0200
Thanks Adam, Holger and Mark.

Sometimes the obvious is too obvious... well, for some at least.

 =/

Oblivian

mark k wrote:
I believe this has to do with incremental levels, usually set to 1,
which means it will backup all changed data since the last full.
Meaning sometime on 4/15-4/16 that possibly a large amount of data
changed. So taking a full should address that issue. If you are going
to keep taking incrementals, then change the levels to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,
etc.. to only backup files changed since the last backup, incremental
or full