BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] External WD Worldbook Device

2009-03-26 13:42:57
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] External WD Worldbook Device
From: "David Williams" <dwilliams AT dtw-consulting DOT com>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 13:35:12 -0400
Les,

I believe that under the Mandriva package we are allowed to change the
TopDir and it is in the config.pl file.  When I originally started Backuppc
it was complaining that it could not create a hardlink under
/backups/pc/XXXX and /backups/cpool.  It wasn't looking at
/var/lib/backuppc.  Even with version 3.0 I had TopDir set to /backups and
backups were being created under /backups.

Perhaps it has been 'failing', but I had valid backups that I have restored
from.  Whether it was wasting space I don't know, perhaps it was.  Also,
even though I cannot currently do backups I can restore from existing
backups and the restore is coming from /backups.  Based upon that I would
say that the Mandriva package allows the change of the TopDir.
David Williams