BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] cloning the pool

2009-03-19 15:37:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] cloning the pool
From: stoffell <stoffell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 20:31:17 +0100
> Pool is 235.52GB comprising 718235 files and 4369 directories (as of 19/3
> 04:12),

Well, we just finished rsync'ing (after two days.. ) our complete
backuppc disk to new disks (over a dedicated gigabit ethernet link).
Currently running on 3x 500 gb raid5, athlon64 3ghz, 3gb ram.. We
backup 50 hosts (some small, some big)

Pool is 114.48GB comprising 1512313 files and 4369 directories (as of
3/19 18:19), Pool hashing gives 181 repeated files with longest chain
22
- 345 full backups of total size 579.07GB (prior to pooling and compression),
- 463 incr backups of total size 78.90GB (prior to pooling and compression).

And we'll be adding about 140 GB (uncompressed) data from a fileserver, soon.

rsync v3.0.3 (Debian Lenny) with these options: rsync -avAH --inplace --delete

Next step: using external disks to create an rsync to these (encrypted) disks.
Possible future test: rsync to a remote server's encrypted disk.

cheers,
stoffell