BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] error in FAQ about Removing a client (BackupsDisable)

2009-03-10 13:14:30
Subject: [BackupPC-users] error in FAQ about Removing a client (BackupsDisable)
From: marthter <marthter AT yahoo DOT ca>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:41:40 -0400
Hi folks, long time user here (great tool),  first time poster...

The FAQ still talks about setting FullPeriod to -1 or -2 to disable
backups instead of the newer method of setting BackupsDisable to 1 or 2:

http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#other_installation_topics

Also there is (at least the appearance of) a bit of a passing-the-buck
problem here between the FAQ and the wiki:

The FAQ http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/ says "The FAQ has been
replaced by the wiki [link].  These pages are no longer being updated".

However the wiki http://backuppc.wiki.sourceforge.net/ says "This wiki
is not intended to replace the excellent BackupPC documentation [link to
FAQ]".

Clearly these are contradictory and cannot both be right.  Where should
the above correction about BackupsDisable be made, and who can make it?
and which is the current view on which documentation location is
accurate, and who can correct that?

I'll volunteer if someone in the know can contact me off list.

Cheers,

Martin