BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPc tape config [Solved]

2009-01-19 16:24:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPc tape config [Solved]
From: sil <smog1 AT free DOT fr>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 22:23:00 +0100
Sil wrote :
> Hi,
> I need to configure a tape drive to archive my backups.
> I found documentation here :
> http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#configuring_an_archive_host
> But I must configure this size block option to tar (-b 10) in :

Hi,
I found a solution :
Copy  /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_archiveHost to BackupPC_archiveHost2
Edit the file and change this :
# $cmd .= ">> $outLoc";                              <= Comment this line
$cmd .= "| dd of=$outLoc obs=10k";           <= And add this one

With this new line you replace cat with dd and you can set the block size.

Then edit this 5 lines of the config.pl of your archive host :
$Conf{ArchiveDest} = '/dev/nst0';

$Conf{ArchiveComp} = 'none';

$Conf{ArchivePar} = 0;

$Conf{ArchiveSplit} = 0;

$Conf{ArchiveClientCmd} = '$Installdir/bin/BackupPC_archiveHost2'

Rewind your tape with : mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
Go to Backuppc interface and archive a host to the tape
Wait for the end of archive
Rewind the tape : mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
And print file list of the tape with : tar -tvf /dev/nst0
Or extract the files with : tar xvf /dev/nst0

If you have multiples hosts on the tape, you con set the tape to the
good position before extracting the files :
mt -f /dev/nst0 fsf 1
Set the tape to the next archive

mt -f /dev/nst0 bsf 1
Set the tape to the previous archive

The next step is to use cron, I'm working on it !
Bye