BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Moving to port 443

2009-01-12 13:27:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Moving to port 443
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:24:53 +0100
Hi James,

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:15:24AM -0700, James Ward wrote:

> I need to move my BackupPC from port 80 to https.  I searched in
> google and tried to search the mailing list archives, but I can't find
> a guide.  I need to move a version 2.1.2pl1 server.  It's using stock
> debian apache 1.3.

That's not related to BackupPC, but Apache configuration only. I'm
running my BackupPC (3.1.0) on https only.

It boils down to enabling SSL (which might be distribution specific),
generating/installing an SSL certificate and configuring an SSL-enabled
VirtualHost in Apache like this:

<VirtualHost 10.x.y.z:443>

# ... your existing BackupPC configuration stays here ...

        SSLEngine on

        SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL

        SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl.crt/yourservername.crt

        SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl.key/yourservername.key

        SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/apache2/ssl.crt/your-ca.crt

        SSLCACertificatePath /etc/apache2/ssl.crt
        SSLCACertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl.crt/ca-bundle.crt

</VirtualHost>

AFAIK, you don't need to change anything in BackupPC.

HTH,

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de
www.craniosacralzentrum.de