BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPc tape config

2009-01-12 11:56:07
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPc tape config
From: Sil <smog1 AT free DOT fr>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:46:01 +0100
Hi,
I need to configure a tape drive to archive my backups.
I found documentation here :
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#configuring_an_archive_host
But I must configure this size block option to tar (-b 10) in :

# Archive Command
#
# This is the command that is called to actually run the archive process
# for each host.  The following variables are substituted at run-time:
#
#   $Installdir    The installation directory of BackupPC
#   $tarCreatePath The path to BackupPC_tarCreate
#   $splitpath     The path to the split program
#   $parpath       The path to the par2 program
#   $host          The host to archive
#   $backupnumber  The backup number of the host to archive
#   $compression   The path to the compression program
#   $compext       The extension assigned to the compression type
#   $splitsize     The number of bytes to split archives into
#   $archiveloc    The location to put the archive
#   $parfile       The amount of parity data to create (percentage)
#
$Conf{ArchiveClientCmd} = '$Installdir/bin/BackupPC_archiveHost'   <=
add -b 10
       . ' $tarCreatePath $splitpath $parpath $host $backupnumber'
       . ' $compression $compext $splitsize $archiveloc $parfile *';

I don't know how to write this, and where to place it ?
Did someone have done this before  ? Is there any other documentation ?
Thanks
Sil