BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_link got error -4 when calling MakeFileLink

2009-01-12 10:16:36
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_link got error -4 when calling MakeFileLink
From: Anand Gupta <anandiwp AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 20:43:06 +0530
Hi Tagore,

tagore wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there a result? We have similar problem.
>
> Thanks

> |This was sent by hirlevel72 AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

It would be a better idea next time to quote the message from the forum
(since you use backupcentral forums), it will help users on the mailing
list to help you.

I am replying to your mail, because i was the one who started the thread
about "BackupPC_link got error -4 when calling    MakeFileLink".

Here are some explanations and details

1. I used an rpm to install backuppc which has its path for installation
and backup location embeded in it.
2. Due to less knowledge about how backuppc works, i tried to change the
path, and thus resulted in the errors which were posted by me.
3. Eventually with the help of list users, i was able to resolve the
issue. To make sure you don't mess up things the way i did, i would
advise you to install the version from sf.net website. The install
allows you to customize the paths all at the configuration/ installation
time. Doing this, the errors disappeared for me atleast.

Hope this helps you in resolving your problem

--
Thanks and Regards,

Anand