BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] host config file command line editor ?

2009-01-09 02:46:51
Subject: [BackupPC-users] host config file command line editor ?
From: Alex <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 02:45:25 -0500
Thank you guys for your fast answers.

Sorry for the html, as i posted it through the backupcentral forum, it modified
the config part in html, didn't expect that.

Well, i'm gonna look the given solutions to get it work.

Sorry for my confuse question.

I know about the arrays etc. The goal is for me to change settings, even if
it's a single value, or a complex array by replacing the all param in the
config file.

I already know how to get a well formed array to reproduce perl's one from bash
or php.

My first problem was erasing the specific area in the configuration file (only
the modified value).

I'm gonna try to make :
1 : remove the desired value from config file (by any of the solutions you tell
me above)
2 : add new configuration in the file (by ex in shell : echo
"$Conf{FullKeepCnt} = ['400']; ">>/etc/BackupPC/pc/my_config_file.pl  (just to
tell how i plan, i know i'll have to add \ before special chars.)

I think you see the way i wanna make it work.
Sorry for my bad english ;)