BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Rsyncd - probability that it trashed my drive?

2008-11-20 08:37:55
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Rsyncd - probability that it trashed my drive?
From: eric AT janasnyder DOT com
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 05:18:40 -0800 (PST)
I just installed Rsyncd on my XP Pro machine and performed a full backup.
Fourty-eight hours later my drive seems hosed. I have run a drive check
and it won't complete, it sticks at 82%. The drive check as finding a
nunmber of bad clusters and repairing files.

To be fair I also allowed the Windows SP3 install in the same 48 hour
window between no problems and problems. I also allowed a Java upgrade. I
know, I know, what was I thinking!!!!!

Anyway...what are the chances that rsyncd was responsible for the drive
going down by somehow scrambling the data or some other unintended
problem? Has anybody running rsyncd on XP Pro machines had any other
problems to report?

Thanks,
Eric