BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Different TopDir for different clients.

2008-11-14 19:12:08
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Different TopDir for different clients.
From: Jack Coats <jack AT coats DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 18:10:41 -0600
Oz,

Try multiple implementations of BackupPC server!  Even one 'big backup
server' and several
'virtual servers' to handle special needs.

For most clients, I agree, multiple schedules are not needed, but I too
have come into that
kind of issue (a directory has lots of changes, so we needed to back it
up hourly, even though
the data was never there over 24 hours before it was merged into a big
database that was backed
up daily.  I had a different 'client name' and different 'backup
schedule' for that client alone.
This was NOT using BackupPC (It was IBMs TSM).  It might be possible to
do that in BackupPC,
but we need to get someone that knows more BackupPC than I do to answer
that.

But I agree, please give us a bit more detail of the problem / issue you
are trying to address,
the we can brainstorm together!

... Jack