BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] fileListReceive failed on centos 4.4

2008-08-21 16:10:44
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] fileListReceive failed on centos 4.4
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: Matt Chandler <mchandler AT zyvex DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:11:25 -0500
Matt Chandler wrote:
>> Have you tried doing approximately the same rsync command on
>> the command line to see if it starts (you can interrupt it once files
>> start copying)?
>>
> I've tried running the rsync command from the log file.  It doesn't
> produce errors, but even turning up verbose doesn't return anything useful.
>
> [backuppc@sinope ~]$ /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/rsync -vvv --server --sender
> --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D --links --hard-links --times
> --block-size=2048 --recursive --one-file-system --ignore-times . /
> FILE_STRUCT_LEN=16, EXTRA_LEN=4
>

> Is all I get regardless of how long I let it run(including the
> unprintable character).  If I check filesystem usage periodically, it
> doesn't change, so it doesn't seem to be backing up anything.

You can't run it exactly like that.  Backuppc starts the remote copy
explicitly, then chats with it using its perl emulation of the rsync
protocol.  Try running the closest 'rsync -essh ...' command you can use
from the backuppc server command line as the backuppc user.  In
particular the --server and --sender options wouldn't bue used.