BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] fileListReceive failed on centos 4.4

2008-08-21 15:57:34
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] fileListReceive failed on centos 4.4
From: "Alan McKay" <alan.mckay AT gmail DOT com>
To: "BackupPC User List" <BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:57:23 -0400
> Is all I get regardless of how long I let it run(including the
> unprintable character).  If I check filesystem usage periodically, it
> doesn't change, so it doesn't seem to be backing up anything.

You can't just run it like that can you?   I know with regular rsync
you have to run it within a script which has the user and password
variables set.  Though I guess you could just set those in your
interactive shell before trying.

export USER=foo
export RSYNC_RSH=ssh
export RSYNC_PASSWORD=bar

I think I had trouble doing it from the command line because of USER,
but I don't recall.

--
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends"
 - Abraham Lincoln