BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC producing extremely large error log

2008-08-17 12:55:45
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC producing extremely large error log
From: bernd.speiser AT t-online DOT de (Bernd Speiser)
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:53:19 +0200
Hi all,

we have a BackupPC installation under openSUSE 10.3 using tar to backup
a couple of Windows and Linux PCs.
Most of the time, this works just fine. However, once in a while, in a
non-reproducible fashion, BackupPC writes an extremely long error file -
it fills up the entire free hard disk space and of course, the system
becomes unusable after this occurs. I have to delete the error log and
restart the machine on which BackupPC resides. Consequently, I can not
even look at the error log to find out what happened.

What can I do to avoid this condition - or, what can I test to find out
the reason for this behavior?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
Bernd