BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Wiki instructions for installing/upgrading on Ubuntu 8.04.

2008-08-11 10:19:58
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Wiki instructions for installing/upgrading on Ubuntu 8.04.
From: "Jon Craig" <cannedspam.cant AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Holger Parplies" <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:19:52 -0400
It works fine, simply put in the following symbolic link:

cd /var/lib/backuppc
ln -s /etc/backuppc conf

Caveat:  While I say it works fine, future upgrades could be
problematic.  Unless your willing to invest the time to understand the
inner workings of BackupPC you would be better served to stay with the
packaged version of 3.0.0 or do a fresh install of 3.1.0 using the
tarball you downloaded (after removing the 3.0.0 package).

--
Jonathan Craig