BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] One PC Very Slow to Backup

2008-08-04 06:03:25
Subject: [BackupPC-users] One PC Very Slow to Backup
From: naigy <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 06:03:12 -0400
Still doing some testing. Not sure of the cause but one thing I do know is that
I did a incremental and a full backup from the command line and both of these
were done in the normal time of a bit over 2 hours. Will see how it goes

When monitoring the bandwidth of data that is transferred from my PC should I
get approximately the whole volume of the share in data traffic being sent from
the PC being backed up. It seems odd that this PC is doing this. For both
incremental and full it is transferring approx 7.5GB of data over the network.
I thought that it was meant to be a relatively conservative with data traffic
after the initial backup. Not that this bothers me too much but just trying to
look at all possibilities as to the problem. My other PC's including a linux
file server dont exhibit this same behaviour (at least for the incrementals).

Thanks all for your assistance to date. I will be in touch in the next few days
to let you know how things have gone.

And no this is not related to antivirus (dont believe in it on desktop pc's in
my environment but thats another story) and no firewalls to worry about either
as they are fully disabled for internal data traffic.