BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] One PC Very Slow to Backup

2008-08-01 17:56:19
Subject: [BackupPC-users] One PC Very Slow to Backup
From: naigy <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 17:56:09 -0400
Hi All,

I have gradually got my Backuppc server working after many hours. I found that
one PC (Windows Vista backing up the Users directory) was incredibly slow (Over
24 hours for 7GB). I forget why but I decided to change the name of this PC
from Vistadesktop to Desktop and for a week or so this backup was occuring in
approx 2.5 Hours regardless of whether a full or a incremental backup was
performed. However for the past week the full / incremental times are blowing
out to rediculous lengths of time again (Over 9 Hours and sometimes it fails).
The other thing that is strange is that for both full and incremental backups
it appears to transfer the same amount of data over the network and takes the
same lengths of time. However my other Vista PC's take about 2.5 Hours for a
full backup of the Users directory (Over Wireless) and maybe 30 minutes for an
incremental.

Any ideas where I can start looking for while this other PC is going slow
again. It is connected via Wired Lan (100Mbps) and I am not downloading
anything on this PC. The firewall has also been disabled. I suspect the issue
will be something on the PC but just don't know where to start.