BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC_zipCreate created huge zip that cannot be read

2008-05-14 12:29:04
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_zipCreate created huge zip that cannot be read
From: Eduardo Trápani <eduardo AT esperanto.org DOT uy>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 13:12:56 -0300
Hello,

I created a zip file from a backup, right before it was overwritten by a much
smaller full backup.  The zip file is about 6G and I have not found a zip
program that will open it (I tried, jar, 7zip, unzip ...).  I get errors, as if
it were corrupted, but then, with some tools, I get to see some of the entries.
 I'm running under Linux.

I guess the huge size has something to do with it, but I'm stuck and I cannot
recover the files, that I do not longer have.

Any ideas on how to move on?

Thanks, Eduardo.