BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_zipCreate created huge zip that cannot beread

2008-05-14 12:55:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_zipCreate created huge zip that cannot beread
From: "Chris Baker" <cbaker AT intera DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 11:41:03 -0500
The programs you are using probably just don't know what to do with such a
large archive. I have noticed a similar error with Windows. Windows
supposedly has a built-in utility to unzip Winzip archives, but it doesn't
work with big ones.

Try moving the file to a Windows machine and using WinZip. Just yesterday
using Winzip, I  opened an archive with 13,428 files and more than 13
gigabytes of data. Go to <www.winzip.com>. It's shareware.

Whatever you use, use the latest version. A lot of these programs were
initially designed so people could put a bunch of files onto one floppy
disk. We're way beyond that now.

Chris Baker -- cbaker AT intera DOT com
systems administrator
Intera Inc. -- 512-425-2006