BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] ping too slow (using ssh over internet)

2008-05-13 03:49:46
Subject: [BackupPC-users] ping too slow (using ssh over internet)
From: romain.pichard AT valeo DOT com
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 09:49:28 +0200
Hello,

Yesterday evenning, I added a new host on my personal BackupPC server
(using ssh over internet).
For your information it's a server hosted by OVH (that I would like to back
up).
My problem is :

" pas de ping (ping too slow: 31.42msec (threshold is 20msec)) "

This message appears on the web interface.
Is it necessary to have a ping under 20msec ? Is it possible to change it ?
What are the consequences (the time of backups I think) ?
How is it possible to solve this issue ?

Have a new OVH server for BackupPC could solve it but I prefere to have
this server at home...

Thanks a lot to help me.

Regards,

Romain

SC2N -S.A  Siège Social : 2, Rue Andre Boulle - 94000 Créteil  - 327 153
722 RCS Créteil

"This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the intended
recipient(s).
The information contained therein may be confidential or privileged, and
its disclosure or reproduction is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please return it immediately to its
sender at the above address and destroy it."