Amanda-Users

Re: Fwd: Amreport xml examples

2009-10-22 17:15:18
Subject: Re: Fwd: Amreport xml examples
From: Paul Mantz <pcmantz AT zmanda DOT com>
To: sgw AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:45:43 -0500
On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
wrote:
> As Dustin asks for post-processing ...
>
> One thing that I would like to see would be some kind of meta-tool:
>
> I monitor some dozens of amanda-installations which are hard to track,
> as data volumes change and everything is in movement it is rather hard
> to keep the overview.
>
> I would like to have some report like "WARNING: DLE xyz is overdue for
> weeks now" and stuff like that.
>
> Some kind of general GREEN-ORANGE-RED-information ...
>
> For example I'd like to get informed somehow if a DLE somewhere has
> grown bigger than a single medium and is therefore overdue ... stuff
> like that.

Hello Stefan,

That sort of post-analysis is beyond the scope of this stage.
However, this sort of analysis tool will be *much* easier to write
with xml data than with the current "human-readable" format, which
often truncates information.

--
Paul Mantz
http://www.mcpantz.org