Amanda-Users

Re: Fwd: Amreport xml examples

2009-10-20 21:12:48
Subject: Re: Fwd: Amreport xml examples
From: Paul Mantz <pcmantz AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 18:48:26 -0500
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
wrote:
> Sorry if I missed something ...
> Could you please explain the context of this?
>
> I appreciate the direction but I would like to get the picture ...
>
> Thanks, Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I'd be glad to explain.  I'm working on a general update and rewrite
of amreport in Perl.  One of the components of this rewrite is  xml
output for better monitoring by other programs.

I've been working on an abstraction of the logfile data that amreport
reads, and it's available in the repository already; the file is
perl/Amanda/Report.pm.  I'm still making changes to it, but it's
current.

I plan on re-implementing the existing human-readable format; we
aren't planning on breaking backwards compatibility.

Do you have any more specific questions?

Thanks,

--
Paul Mantz
http://www.mcpantz.org