Amanda-Users

Re: Fwd: Amreport xml examples

2009-10-21 17:28:18
Subject: Re: Fwd: Amreport xml examples
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 23:07:48 +0200
Paul Mantz schrieb:

> I'd be glad to explain.  I'm working on a general update and rewrite
> of amreport in Perl.

Big welcome to that ...

> One of the components of this rewrite is  xml
> output for better monitoring by other programs.
>
> I've been working on an abstraction of the logfile data that amreport
> reads, and it's available in the repository already; the file is
> perl/Amanda/Report.pm.  I'm still making changes to it, but it's
> current.
>
> I plan on re-implementing the existing human-readable format; we
> aren't planning on breaking backwards compatibility.

Fine ...

As Dustin asks for post-processing ...

One thing that I would like to see would be some kind of meta-tool:

I monitor some dozens of amanda-installations which are hard to track,
as data volumes change and everything is in movement it is rather hard
to keep the overview.

I would like to have some report like "WARNING: DLE xyz is overdue for
weeks now" and stuff like that.

Some kind of general GREEN-ORANGE-RED-information ...

For example I'd like to get informed somehow if a DLE somewhere has
grown bigger than a single medium and is therefore overdue ... stuff
like that.

Maybe I am offtopic with my thoughts?

Let me know.

Thanks, Stefan