Amanda-Users

Re: Problems with 2.6.1 p1

2009-10-01 17:44:06
Subject: Re: Problems with 2.6.1 p1
From: Sebastian Henrich <shss AT gmx DOT de>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 23:10:57 +0200
Dustin J. Mitchell schrieb:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Sebastian Henrich <shss AT gmx DOT de> wrote:
>
>> The path "/var/lib/amanda/gnutar-lists" exists and amanda is the owner.
>> Inside the directory there is only a file called
>> "servlnx01.sebhen.lan_home_1.new"
>>

> Hmm -- did it run out of space during the first run?  You're probably
> right about the "record no" option, then.

Yes, during first run I also had to insert a new tape.

At the moment I'm taking a deeper look at chg-manual. When I call
"amdevcheck test" (test is my amanda config) with a tape inserted I get
SUCCESS back. If I run amdevcheck without a tape nothing happens. I
expected to get VOLUME_MISSING back. Does this depend on my tape drive?

Thanks

Sebastian