Amanda-Users

Re: Problems with 2.6.1 p1

2009-10-01 17:14:54
Subject: Re: Problems with 2.6.1 p1
From: Sebastian Henrich <shss AT gmx DOT de>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 22:40:44 +0200
Dustin J. Mitchell schrieb:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Sebastian Henrich <shss AT gmx DOT de> wrote:
>
>> As I can see /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Amanda/Process.pm imports
>> the Constants from /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Amanda/Constants.pm.
>> Line 83 of Constants.pm looks like $PS = "". After replacing it with $PS
>> = "ps" amcleanup and amstatus are working as expected. If this can by
>> caused during building the rpm I can try to contact the package maintainer.
>>

> Yes, that's a packaging issue.
>

>> I'm using gnutar for my backups. Inside sendsize.20091001175625.debug
>> (Second backup) I found the following line
>>
>> gnutar: error opening
>> /var/lib/amanda/gnutar-lists/servlnx01.sebhen.lan_home_0: No such file
>> or directory
>>
>> I think this is caused by setting "record no" inside dumptype global. Is
>> this the cause why the incremental backups are as big as the full dumps?
>> I'll reset my configuration and try again.
>>

> Actually, it sounds like a directory-doesn't-exist problem -- try fixing
> that..

The path "/var/lib/amanda/gnutar-lists" exists and amanda is the owner.
Inside the directory there is only a file called
"servlnx01.sebhen.lan_home_1.new"

>> I'm wondering about the 8 minutes I expected 15 minutes between the
>> mails because of "resend_mail=900". I also expected that I'll get an
>> e-mail with aborting information after 7 days an not after 64 minutes. I
>> took a look at the changer scripts which underlines my expectations. If
>> I'm fast enough and replace the tape before I get the last e-mail the
>> backups completes correct. So I'm confused at this point.
>>

> Hmm, I don't know much about that old script -- obviously, since I
> didn't even know it took a lastslot parameter!  Maybe the sleep
> command isn't working properly?

At the moment I'm trying to figure out where's the problem. I think one
problem is that after the last slot is reached the script didn't switch
back to the first one. Also soemthing with the sleep timer isn't proper.

Thanks for helping

  Sebastian