Amanda-Users

Re: Problems with 2.6.1 p1

2009-10-01 17:50:23
Subject: Re: Problems with 2.6.1 p1
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Sebastian Henrich <shss AT gmx DOT de>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 16:32:33 -0400
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Sebastian Henrich <shss AT gmx DOT de> wrote:
> As I can see /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Amanda/Process.pm imports
> the Constants from /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Amanda/Constants.pm.
> Line 83 of Constants.pm looks like $PS = "". After replacing it with $PS
> = "ps" amcleanup and amstatus are working as expected. If this can by
> caused during building the rpm I can try to contact the package maintainer.

Yes, that's a packaging issue.

> I'm using gnutar for my backups. Inside sendsize.20091001175625.debug
> (Second backup) I found the following line
>
> gnutar: error opening
> /var/lib/amanda/gnutar-lists/servlnx01.sebhen.lan_home_0: No such file
> or directory
>
> I think this is caused by setting "record no" inside dumptype global. Is
> this the cause why the incremental backups are as big as the full dumps?
> I'll reset my configuration and try again.

Actually, it sounds like a directory-doesn't-exist problem -- try fixing that..

> I'm wondering about the 8 minutes I expected 15 minutes between the
> mails because of "resend_mail=900". I also expected that I'll get an
> e-mail with aborting information after 7 days an not after 64 minutes. I
> took a look at the changer scripts which underlines my expectations. If
> I'm fast enough and replace the tape before I get the last e-mail the
> backups completes correct. So I'm confused at this point.

Hmm, I don't know much about that old script -- obviously, since I
didn't even know it took a lastslot parameter!  Maybe the sleep
command isn't working properly?

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer