Amanda-Users

Re: globbing

2009-09-30 11:36:47
Subject: Re: globbing
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:53:51 -0400
Brian Cuttler wrote:
Using amanda 2.6.1 on Solaris 10 (server x86, client Sparc)

I currently have entries in the disklist like these, currently
there are 55+ entries.

finsen  /export/home/agaupel    zfs-snapshot
finsen  /export/home/along      zfs-snapshot
finsen  /export/home/amanda     zfs-snapshot
finsen  /export/home/bhowland   zfs-snapshot
finsen  /export/home/brainard   zfs-snapshot
finsen  /export/home/cbryant    zfs-snapshot
finsen  /export/home/cchen      zfs-snapshot
finsen  /export/home/dkim       zfs-snapshot
finsen  /export/home/dmuller    zfs-snapshot

Each user directory is its own zfs mount point.

Can I successfully replace them with entries like this ?

I think this will do what I think it does, because I do it
on other machines, but the zfs-snapshot is a new addition
to this structure.

finsen  /export/home-A /export/home  {
        zfs-snapshot
        include "./[a]*"
        }

finsen  /export/home-B /export/home  {
        zfs-snapshot
        include "./[b]*"
        }

This will create two snapshot of /export/home, if they include the subdirs, then it should works.
It must be tried.

Jean-Louis