Amanda-Users

Re: globbing

2009-09-22 14:53:21
Subject: Re: globbing
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:44:50 -0400
On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 09:42:29AM -0400, Brian Cuttler wrote:

> Using amanda 2.6.1 on Solaris 10 (server x86, client Sparc)
>
> I currently have entries in the disklist like these, currently
> there are 55+ entries.
>
> finsen  /export/home/agaupel    zfs-snapshot
> finsen  /export/home/along      zfs-snapshot
> finsen  /export/home/amanda     zfs-snapshot
> finsen  /export/home/bhowland   zfs-snapshot
> finsen  /export/home/brainard   zfs-snapshot
> finsen  /export/home/cbryant    zfs-snapshot
> finsen  /export/home/cchen      zfs-snapshot
> finsen  /export/home/dkim       zfs-snapshot
> finsen  /export/home/dmuller    zfs-snapshot
>
> Each user directory is its own zfs mount point.
>
> Can I successfully replace them with entries like this ?
>
> I think this will do what I think it does, because I do it
> on other machines, but the zfs-snapshot is a new addition
> to this structure.
>
> finsen  /export/home-A /export/home  {
>         zfs-snapshot
>         include "./[a]*"
>         }
>
> finsen  /export/home-B /export/home  {
>         zfs-snapshot
>         include "./[b]*"
>         }
>
> I'm hoping to keep the mount points for the samba shares (20+)
> as separate DLEs, as they are far larger and will be far less
> numerous than user directories.

You might want to include a catch-all, something like below:

finsen  /export/home-others /export/home  {
        zfs-snapshot
        include "./[!a-z]*"
        }

that you expect to be empty (or not :) but which will get
the ones that don't match the 26 specific DLE's.  Though it
will not get "dot-dirs" under /export/home.

Should your starting dir, /export/home, be the actual dir that
you snapshotted.  Or should it be some other dir where you mount
the snapshot?

 JG Computing
 12027 Creekbend Drive          (703) 787-0884
 Reston, VA  20194              (703) 787-0922 (fax)