Amanda-Users

Re: Are you running snapshots?

2009-08-11 17:03:22
Subject: Re: Are you running snapshots?
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <malin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:48:14 -0400
* Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin AT zmanda DOT com> [20090811 10:34]:
> I'm curious to know who out there is running the daily Amanda snapshots.
>
> A *lot* of new code has gone in since the 2.6.1 release, and I'd like
> to see it tested now, rather than waiting until the beta process
> begins.  We've rewritten the taper to use the transfer architecture;
> rewitten all uses of the old taperscan algorithm to use the simpler
> and more explicit Amanda::Taper::Scan::traditional; rewritten several
> other applications to use the new Changer API; and added a new
> chg-robot to replace the crusty old chg-zd-mtx.  I'm working on

Can you elaborate on the new chg-robot: I just downloaded the latest
snapshot for 2.6.1 (2.6.1p1-20090805) and I can't find anything
related to that.

In the next few days I intend to toy with this as I have a new library
not in yet production.

Thanks for the good work!
jf