Amanda-Users

Are you running snapshots?

2009-08-11 10:41:11
Subject: Are you running snapshots?
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:57:21 -0400
I'm curious to know who out there is running the daily Amanda snapshots.

A *lot* of new code has gone in since the 2.6.1 release, and I'd like
to see it tested now, rather than waiting until the beta process
begins.  We've rewritten the taper to use the transfer architecture;
rewitten all uses of the old taperscan algorithm to use the simpler
and more explicit Amanda::Taper::Scan::traditional; rewritten several
other applications to use the new Changer API; and added a new
chg-robot to replace the crusty old chg-zd-mtx.  I'm working on
rewriting the restore/recover applications now.  The idea is to
completely jettison the old Changer API before the next relase.

So, please let me know if the snapshots are working for you!

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com