Amanda-Users

[Amanda-users] Amanda Configuration

2009-06-19 16:08:08
Subject: [Amanda-users] Amanda Configuration
From: khalil_noura <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:58:45 -0400
Thanks to everyone for the help.

I got the backups to work and I am backing up 4 servers one of them gives me an
error message when I run amcheck :  selfcheck request failed: timeout waiting
for REP.

- I checked firewall ( Ports 10080-10083 are open)
- I checked xinetd  ( bsdtcp is there)
-I checked /etc/services for amanda (amanda services are added with port 10080)
-I checked .amandahosts ( I added Amanda server FQDNS)
- I checked permission for amandabackup on /var/lib/amanda/amandad
- I can ssh to  Server from cleint using FQDNS

anything else I need to check.

Thanks