Amanda-Users

Re: [Amanda-users] Amanda Configuration

2009-06-18 16:51:29
Subject: Re: [Amanda-users] Amanda Configuration
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:44:26 -0400
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 3:57 PM,
khalil_noura<amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
> Thanks for the help.

Please quote previous responses -- this is a mailing list, not a
forum, so without quoting we have no way to connect this message with
your previous messages.

> I got the backup to copy to tape after I changed the holding disk to a SAN
> with more disk space. the problem having now is I have to label the tape
> every time I run a test backup. is there a way to label all the tapes. So the
> help desk only have to put the next tape in the drive every morning.

You can turn on auto-labeling (label-new-tapes) or you can use a 'for'
loop in shell to label them all.

> when I run amcheck I get an error on one of the client.
> (WARNING: banprod.curry.edu: selfcheck request failed: timeout waiting for REP
> Client check: 4 hosts checked in 96.082 seconds.  1 problem found.
>
> I disbled the firewall and still get same error.
> I can ping the server with no problem.

See the troubleshooting section of the wiki.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com