Amanda-Users

Re: [Amanda-users] Amanda Configuration

2009-06-16 14:26:09
Subject: Re: [Amanda-users] Amanda Configuration
From: Toomas Aas <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:39:42 +0300
khalil_noura wrote:

I labeled the tapes when I created a vtape test envirement. when I run amlabel
I get the message : amlabel: label Backup-012 already on a tape.

my amanda.conf file is configured as this :

tpchanger "chg-disk"            # the tape-changer glue script
tapedev "file://space/vtapes/Backup/slots"      # the no-rewind tape device to
be used
#tapetype "HP Ultrium 3-SCSI"
#changerfile "/etc/amanda/Backup/changer"
#changerfile "/etc/amanda/Backup/changer-status"
changerfile "/etc/amanda/Backup/changer.conf"
changerdev "/dev/null"

when I change tapedev to "dev/nst0''  I get error message (amlabel: could not load slot
"current": Virtual-tape directory dev/nst0 does not exist.)

If you change tapedev to /dev/nst0, you should also comment out tpchanger and other changer-related stuff in amanda.conf.

--
Toomas