Amanda-Users

[Amanda-users] Amanda Configuration

2009-06-16 09:00:15
Subject: [Amanda-users] Amanda Configuration
From: khalil_noura <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 08:53:00 -0400
Thanks for the reply.

I labeled the tapes when I created a vtape test envirement. when I run amlabel
I get the message : amlabel: label Backup-012 already on a tape.

my amanda.conf file is configured as this :

tpchanger "chg-disk"            # the tape-changer glue script
tapedev "file://space/vtapes/Backup/slots"      # the no-rewind tape device to
be used
#tapetype "HP Ultrium 3-SCSI"
#changerfile "/etc/amanda/Backup/changer"
#changerfile "/etc/amanda/Backup/changer-status"
changerfile "/etc/amanda/Backup/changer.conf"
changerdev "/dev/null"

when I change tapedev to "dev/nst0''  I get error message (amlabel: could not
load slot "current": Virtual-tape directory dev/nst0 does not exist.)

This the output of scsi device in proc/scsi:
sh-3.2$ cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: HP       Model: Ultrium 3-SCSI   Rev: D22D
  Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 03

when I run amtapetype -f /dev/nst0 it gives me the following:

sh-3.2$ amtapetype -f /dev/nst0
Applying heuristic check for compression.
Wrote random (uncompressible) data at 55408002.0983607 bytes/sec
Wrote fixed (compressible) data at 96568232.2285714 bytes/sec
Compression: enabled
Writing one file to fill the volume.
Wrote 406934781952 bytes at 56706 kb/sec
Writing smaller files (4069326848 bytes) to determine filemark.
define tapetype unknown-tapetype {
    comment "Created by amtapetype; compression enabled"
    length 397397248 kbytes
    filemark 792 kbytes
    speed 56706 kps
    blocksize 32 kbytes

Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks for the help