Amanda-Users

Re: Enforce the use of level other than level 0

2009-06-10 05:37:54
Subject: Re: Enforce the use of level other than level 0
From: Mark Fisher <mark.fisher AT nativ-systems DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:21:23 +0100

On 10 Jun 2009, at 09:30, Franck GANACHAUD wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a way to enforce the use of a level of backup different than level 0?

I'd like to reserve a particulier diskset for the weekend (bigger and backup is long), I know how to force level 0 on friday night (amadmin conf force host diskset) but during the week, amanda decides to back it up with level 0 which is annoying for tape management and it doesn't fit the night. So is there a way to make sure amanda won't use level 0 Monday to Friday and level 0 on Friday?

Passing over the "but amanda is trying to level things out" aspect, does amadmin force-bump fit the bill?

Thanks,

--
Mark Fisher

http://www.nativ-systems.com/  CONSULTING  ·  TECHNOLOGY  · OUTSOURCING
Nativ Systems Ltd. 23 - 25 Eastcastle Street, W1W 8DF
phone:  +44 (0)20 7580 9488     fax:    +44 (0)20 7580 9489
Company Reg No.: 6071152 Company VAT No.: 889 1875 42
Registered in England and Wales